Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Treasures in the Window

One of our projects for this year is to redo the second bedroom and freshen it up. We always called it the kids room but our kids are now all adults but we now have grandchildren who use it so the challenge is to make it kids friendly but still appropriate for adults to use.

We have picked up a variety of nautical items at thrift shops and garage sales over the years and we are using a few of them to decorate the second bedroom at the cottage.

The model boat is one of several that have been around for a while and I don't recall where we found them. The small oil painting is a new find that I bought a few weeks ago at a yard sale for the Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba.  I love it's bright colors.

The candle is something we made a year ago and I will blog about it when I remember where I filed the pictures. It was a made by pouring wax into a depression in sand from our little beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...